Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week 7

 Week 7

This week I finished covering problem solving and in my morning class and then went over their mid-term results. Over all most of the students from both classes did well. A few got low C's but the majority was in a B range. I gave my class a 5min presentation on Vehicle Identification as a example of a assignment they will be needing to do. They had to pick any Army related topic and present on it. They needed to make sure it was between 5-10mins as well as no note cards. This assignment was to work on their public speaking skills. This week in class, I taught the students Troop leading procedures. This is a set order in which you react when given a mission.
The troop leading procedures listed above show the steps a leader needs to take to successfully plan and execute a mission given to them. I started out by showing a video of Pickett's charge showing some of the steps being implemented. I broke down each step and the additional steps with in each step to the class. This is one of the hardest concepts for young leaders to fully grasp in the Army. I made sure their was no issues with understanding the lesson given and told them that there would be a quiz the following week.

In the Leadership Lab this week they went over First Aid and had three station step up and did a round robbin. They covered how to assess a casualty and how to prevent shock. Another group was covering how to bandage a wound and how to properly use a tourniquet.

No comments:

Post a Comment