Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Week 4

Week 4

This week we went over Battle Drills as a main focus and the cadets conducted Individual movement techniques(IMT). I started the class off with a 9min clip from Band of Brothers. It included several types of Individual movement techniques and Battle Drills. I had the class watch it with this in mind and then discussed it afterward. I asked them to give me examples in the clip that the IMT's were used properly and where they were not as well as Battle Drills. Once we finished discussing the clip, I moved in to the slideshow presentation. It briefly went over Battle Drills and key points to know about them. The week prior I assigned homework on some Battle Drills. When we came to this portion of the slide show I asked individuals to explain them to me as well as the importance of them.

Battles Drills: are group/collective skills designed to teach a unit to react and accomplish the mission in common combat situations. Examples include react to ambush, react to chemical attack, and evacuate wounded personnel from a vehicle

The lead lab consisted of the cadets conducting IMT's. A IMT is typically used to get to one place to another under fire. They are 3-5 second rush, high crawl and low crawl. Each are used for a proper instance. The executed the training by going through a round robin being shown how to conduct the IMT then doing a practical exercise.

Example of a 3-5 sec. rush

Notice with a high crawl they have their heads up

Low crawl you keep you head down all the way

No comments:

Post a Comment